The magic potion is the potion brewed by Getafix, that gives the Gaulish warriors superhuman strength. It is brewed from various herbs, found around the village and the forests surrounding it. Getafix is the only one who knows how to make the potion. The secret can only be passed down through the druids, by word of mouth.
The Romans, constantly bested by the inhabitants of the the tiny Gaulish village, are desperate to find out the secrets of the potion. They have never, however, actually found out how to make the magic potion.
- Mistletoe (Asterix the Gaul)
- Fish (Asterix and the Great Crossing)
- Rock oil, also known as petroleum/black gold (beetroot juice can be substituted) (Asterix and the Black Gold pg 17-18)
- Four-leaved clovers of the tamarind tree (Asterix and the Big Fight, pg 7)
- Lobster (for flavour) (Asterix the Gaul, pg 8)
- Strawberry (for sweetness) (Asterix the Gaul)
- Garlic (Asterix in Corsica)
- Salt (Asterix and the Goths)
- Cucumbers (Asterix and the Mansions of the Gods)
- Green Grapes (Asterix and the Mansions of the Gods)
- Hot Water (Asterix in Britain, pg 45)
- Liquid ingredient stored in Getafix's sickle (Asterix and the Mansions of the Gods, Asterix: The Secret of Magic Potion)