Asterix – The Secret Of The Magic Potion (French: Astérix : Le Secret de la potion magique) is a French-Belgian 3D computer-animated adventure family comedy film directed by Alexandre Astier and Louis Clichy. It is the first animated film where Roger Carel does not voice Asterix.
In this adventure, Asterix and Obelix embark on a quest across Gaul looking for a young druid worthy of learning the secret of the magic potion, after elderly village druid Getafix breaks his leg when he falls from a tree while picking mistletoe. Once Asterix and Obelix begin their quest, all hell breaks lose at home as the Romans – lead by the ridiculous Tomcrus — start attacking. Meanwhile, an evil wizard named Sulfurix does everything he can to steal the potion's secret recipe, which, for lovers of French cuisine, seems to contain carrots, salt, fish, honey, mead, as well as fresh mistletoe that can only be harvested with a golden sickle.
- Christian Clavier as Asterix
- Guillaume Briat as Obelix
- Bernard Alane as Panoramix (Getafix)
- Daniel Mesguich as Sulfurix
- Lévanah Solomon as Pectine
- Alex Lutz as Teleferix
- Alexandre Astier as Oursenplus (Somniferus)
- Gérard Hernandez as Atmospherix
- Lionnel Astier as Cétautomatix (Fulliautomatix)
- François Morel as Ordralfabétix (Unhygienix)
- Florence Foresti as Bonemine (Impedimenta)
- Arnaud Léonard as Assurancetourix (Cacofonix)
The film was released on 5 December across France, taking more than $2 million in revenue on the opening Wednesday and close to $7 million through Sunday night. It has earned $34,702,470 in box office numbers.
- Asterix: The Secret of the Magic Potion on Wikipedia
- Asterix: The Secret of the Magic Potion on IMDb